Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's okay to say NO

Why are people always so afraid to say no? Like I said in a previous post, don’t do it if it don’t play. It’s easier said than done but why keep yourself in situations that you rather not be in? I used to be one of those people who could not say no if my life depended on it. I never wanted anyone to be mad at me but at the same time I knew that I was going to be jumping through hoops because most of the times that I said no – I knew damn well that I couldn’t do it but I sure would try. Just so that they wouldn’t be mad. SMH. Then I grew balls. The same people who would continuously ask me for things were the same ones that if I didn’t pull through on my end of the deal would say the infamous line “if you couldn’t do it then you should have said no”. So that’s exactly what I started to do. If I don’t have it, I just don’t have it. If I cannot do it, I just don’t do. I realized that being a push-over left me with no time to do anything for myself because I was spending it on trying to make other people happy. In all reality, it does not matter who you are saying no to or what you are saying no to. Nothing that you do not want to do is worth doing. Whether it is for love, for money, for acceptance, a relationship or even for that person that just wants you to do everything for them. Love yourself enough to say NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment